The Can-Am Commander is popular among off-road enthusiasts who enjoy the thrill of driving on rough terrains. But it needs the best tires to succeed too.
The best tires for the Can-Am Commander include the following.
- Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 - Best All-Terrain Tire
- ITP Cryptid - Best Mud Tire
- Sedona Rip-Saw RT - Best Trail Tire
- Pro Armor Crawler XG - Best Rock Climbing Tire
- STI Chicane RX - Best Sand Tire
- QuadBoss QBT447 Utility Tire - Best Budget Tire
With so many available options, choosing the perfect set of tires that match your driving style and terrain requirements can be challenging. Our team of experts has compiled a list of the best tires for Can-Am Commander that will enhance your driving experience and help you easily conquer any terrain.
6 Best Tires For Can-Am Commander
The Can-Am Commander is a powerful, versatile, side-by-side vehicle for off-road adventures. To get the most out of your Commander, it is essential to choose the right tires that are durable, reliable, and designed for the specific terrain you will be driving on.
Choosing the right tire for your Can-Am Commander is essential for maximizing performance and safety on the trails. Consider the terrain you will be driving on and the durability and traction requirements of your specific off-road activities.
Below will explore the best Can-Am Commander tires based on terrain, durability, and traction. Keep reading if you need help deciding on the best one.
1. Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 - Best All-Terrain Tire
The Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 is a popular tire for off-road vehicles, and for good reason. It works perfectly for the Can-Am Commander. These tires are designed to perform well on various terrains, including mud, rocks, sand, and dirt.
They have a sturdy and durable construction, with a 6-ply rating and a reinforced sidewall that can handle rough terrain and heavy loads. It also features a unique tread pattern that provides excellent traction and stability, even in wet conditions.
This tire is known for its exceptional grip, durability, and versatility on a wide range of terrains, making it an excellent choice for those who love to tackle various types of terrains. It features a reinforced carcass that enhances the tire's strength and durability.
The aggressive tread design ensures that the tire provides excellent traction on any surface. The tire's advanced radial construction also offers a smooth and comfortable ride, making it perfect for long off-road adventures.
- Excellent traction on a wide range of terrains, including mud, rock, and sand
- Reinforced carcass
- Advanced radial construction
- Self-cleaning design prevents mud and debris buildup
- Reliable sidewall protection, which reduces the risk of punctures and cuts
- Versatile steering response and stability at high speeds
- The tire can be noisy on hard-packed roads
- Thick sidewalls make it a bit heavier
- Won’t provide the best deep mud traction and performance
2. ITP Cryptid - Best Mud Tire
If you plan to do a lot of mud riding, the ITP Cryptid is an excellent tire option. These tires have a deep, aggressive tread pattern that can handle even the muddiest terrain, providing maximum traction and mud-clearing capabilities.
The Cryptid also has a durable 8-ply rating and a unique stepped tread pattern that provides stability and control, even on slippery surfaces. It has a unique paddle-like shoulder configuration for better climbing in the mud.
It also features a deep, aggressive tread design that ensures excellent traction in deep mud, while the tire's six-ply rated construction ensures durability and longevity. The tire also has excellent sidewall protection, which reduces the risk of punctures and cuts on rough terrains.
Its exceptional mud traction, durability, and sidewall protection make it the best choice for Can-Am Commander owners who want to tackle the most challenging muddy terrains. So if you're looking for the best option, this tire is worth considering.
- The best deep mud traction and performance
- The six-ply rated construction enhances the tire's durability and longevity.
- Heavy-duty sidewall design
- Innovative shoulder lugs that create extra traction in mud and loose terrain
- Good Self-cleaning properties preventing mud buildup
- Specialized design won’t perform as well on other types of terrain like pavement.
- Deep tread design can make the tire noisy.
- Reduced fuel efficiency and acceleration on hard-packed or paved surfaces
3. Sedona Rip-Saw RT - Best Trail Tire
For an excellent all-around tire that can handle a variety of trails and terrains, the Sedona Rip-Saw RT is a perfect choice. These tires have a durable 8-ply construction and a unique tread design that provides excellent traction and stability on hard-packed and loose terrain.
The Rip-Saw RT also features reinforced sidewalls and a rim guard to protect against punctures and abrasions. Not only does this new tire offer improved performance capabilities, but it also looks great, thanks to its stylish design.
The lugs are tapered and angled in such a way as to maximize bite during acceleration without sacrificing stability or steering precision. It also has an aggressive rim guard built into the sidewall of this tire that provides extra protection against rocks, roots, etc.
With enhanced grip and protection from sharp objects, you can be sure that these tires will provide hours upon hours of safe driving enjoyment, no matter how rough or brutal your chosen terrain may be.
- Radial 8-ply construction with numerous tiring sizing options
- Deeper tread design to handle mud, rocks, and other loose surfaces
- Self-cleaning capabilities
- Premium pricing
4. Pro Armor Crawler XG - Best Rock Climbing Tire
The Pro Armor Crawler XG is an excellent tire for serious rock crawling and bumpy terrain. They have a unique tread pattern that provides excellent grip and control on rocky surfaces and a rigid 8-ply construction that can handle the sharp edges and rough terrain of rocky trails.
The Crawler XG also features a puncture-resistant sidewall and a reinforced bead to prevent tire separation. This tire is known for its exceptional grip on rocky terrains, making it the perfect choice for those who love to tackle technical rock crawling challenges.
Its unique tread pattern provides excellent traction on rocks and uneven surfaces, while the tire's eight-ply rated construction ensures durability and toughness. The tire also has excellent sidewall protection, which reduces the risk of punctures and cuts on rough terrains.
This is also a heavy-duty tire. The firm reinforced sidewall has impressive puncture resistance. We have never experienced a flat when using this on the rockiest and most rugged terrains.
- 8-ply construction rating for better strength and durability
- Puncture-resistant sidewall that fights off the jagged edges of rocky terrains
- Exceptional wet and dry surface traction
- Decent responsiveness while steering around tight corners
- More expensive than most options
- Won’t stop as quickly as some alternatives
5. STI Chicane RX - Best Sand Tire
The STI Chicane RX is an exceptional sand tire that has been designed to provide superior performance for UTVs like the Can-Am Commander. Expect exceptional handling and traction too.
This tire is known for its excellent performance on sandy terrains, making it the perfect choice for those who love to tackle sand dunes and beaches. It features a unique tread pattern that provides excellent traction on sand, while the tire's six-ply rated construction ensures durability and toughness.
The tire also has excellent sidewall protection, which reduces the risk of punctures and cuts on rough terrains. All of these features are why we have so many great things to say about this tire.
However, it's worth noting that the Crawler XG's specialized design may not perform as well on other types of terrains like pavement. We prefer to only use this tire to tackle sand terrains because of the need for braking on hard-packed surfaces.
- Unique split-knob non-directional tread design
- Durable 8-ply radial carcass
- Long-term durability and solid tread life
- Not as widely available and fewer sizes to choose from
- Poor traction in wet conditions
6. QuadBoss QBT447 Utility Tire - Best Budget Tire
The QuadBoss QBT447 Utility Tire is a great budget option for the Can-Am Commander UTV. It has been designed to provide excellent performance on hard surfaces and is highly durable.
The tire's tread pattern helps increase traction in wet or muddy conditions, and its low profile gives you an aggressive look on your ride. One of the best features of this tire is that it runs quietly, even when hitting higher speeds.
This makes it ideal for long rides over uneven terrain and for keeping noise levels low when driving near residential areas or trails with sound restrictions. Its eight-ply rating makes it a more reliable tire that won't be easily punctured or let down during less-than-ideal road conditions.
Another great feature of the QBT447 is its advanced mud-clearing capability, allowing dirt and debris to clear away quickly instead of clogging up around the lugs like other tires do when rolling through mucky terrain.
This helps prevent flat spots due to sediment becoming lodged between lugs and keeps your vehicle looking nice and clean even after traveling through sludgy areas.
- Low-cost option with excellent performance
- Versatile traction in various conditions like rain, snow, and mud
- High-strength sidewall construction
- Won’t perform as well as the specialized premium tires
What Size Tires Fit The Can-Am Commander?
The size of the tires that fit the Can-Am Commander UTV depends on the specific model and year of the vehicle. Typically, the Commander uses either a 27x9x12 or 27x11x12 sized tire. Every model also has a 4/137 bolt pattern.
It's important to note that these are just standard tire sizes, and different models or years of the Can-Am Commander UTV may have different tire sizes.
When purchasing replacement tires, it's essential to consult the owner's manual or check with a Can-Am dealer to ensure you get the correct tire size for your specific vehicle.
How Fast Does The Can-Am Commander Go?
The Can-Am Commander UTV comes with a powerful engine that generates a significant amount of horsepower and torque. It has incredible features and can drive as fast as 70 to 75 MPH.
The exact horsepower and torque depend on the specific model, but typically, the UTV has a 1000cc engine that can produce up to 92 horsepower and 74 lb-ft of torque. This engine power allows the UTV to accelerate quickly and maintain high speeds.
- The best tires for the Can-Am Commander include the Maxxis Bighorn 2.0, ITP Cryptid, Sedona Rip-Saw RT, Pro Armor Crawler XG, STI Chicane RX, and QuadBoss QBT447 Utility Tire.
- Most Can-Am Commander models have a stock tire size of 27x9x12 and a 4/137 bolt pattern. Some larger models have 27x11x12-sized tires.
- The Can-Am Commander has plenty of size and strength but can also go fast, reaching speeds between 70 and 75 MPH.
About THE AUTHOR
45 years old. I'm in business marketing. I write for Hunt or Shred on the side. I love hiking, camping, and everything outdoors with my family. I have 6 years of experience working at an ATV shop selling, fixing, and test driving all brands and models.Read More About Gary